Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 27, 2006

Two post in one day..what a record

Alright well I know I already posted today but I thought I would share something with you guys.

Today about 12:50 a lady comes up from accounting (my new boss) and she told me that my friend Katy had been in a car accident at the corner of The Beltway and West Hardy.
So me being who I am I freaked out and got my relief to cover for me and left to check up on her. I got there and she was still sitting in her car up on the curb crying. Another co-worker from work was also there.
Supposedly she was crossing under the Beltway and someone crashed into her from the other direction as she went through the light. The man that had hit her claimed he had a green light...the lady that was behind him claimed they had a green light. Katy clamed she also had a green light....
The police were there and they were getting statements and Katy was still sitting in her car just trying to calm down, her car was such a mess.
Well as we are standing there talking to her two cars came through the intersection and crashed into each other. At that point when they were finally able to stop we found out that they claimed BOTH their lights were green.....strange huh?
So the police gave Katy a ticket because they say her light had to be red since there was a witness to the guy's green light.
About 5 minutes later I walked acrossed the stree to get a camera that another co-worker was bringing me and when I came back Katy was sitting on the ground crying and there was another man on the ground looking like he was in pain. I look up and there are 2 trucks in the intersection who had just crashed into each other. Accident number 3 within 20 minutes.
When talking to the police man about the lights not being syncronized right he said "I don't have time to sit here and watch the lights". Okay so that just really made me mad, so you would rather someone get seriously injured or die because you didn't have time to watch them? And you are still okay with giving my friend a ticket when clearly she didn't run a red light. Every one of those people in those 3 accidents claimed they had GREEN lights.
So me being who I am I called my father and told him what was going on and with him being a sergeant i knew he could do something. He couldn't help with the ticket but he did dispatch someone out to check the lights.
So I left and went back to work and a little bit later I called Katy to see how she was doing and she told me after I left there was a FOURTH accident in the middle of the intersection...and almost a 5th but they were able to stop in time.
All people say they had green lights....shouldn't the city have to pay for this???
I saw one of the accidents about 20 feet in front of me and it scared me pretty bad....poor Katy, but atleast she is still alive....God is good, no one was seriously hurt.
Be careful out there, if you are the first at a light make sure you are careful as you cross the intersection...it can be very dangerous.

Thanks for the congrats on my new position, hopefully I can start the first Monday in Feb...I'm praying.
Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

KriSTeN said...

that's sad. i did not hear from you anymore after you emailed me telling me about this. but i did not know the details. that stinks. glad dad could help some. see ya

alicia said...

Hey girl! That is too bad. I am glad your friend didn't get hurt to bad. Thanks for your little shout out that you gave me in your last post. It is really encouraging! Talk to ya soon.