Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 02, 2007

Nights

I've got to figure out what is wrong with either the bed, the time I put her down, or the lighting in th room. Saturday night we brought Addyson home and she was out, so I put her by the bed, the next thing I knew it was 10am and she still hadn't woken me up. I flew out of bed to see if she was okay and she was just sleeping away. I think it was the first time I actually woke her up. She slept from 12am-10pm. Last night I couldn't get her to sleep in her crib for anything. I fed he and she went to sleep so I put her in her crib and 10 minutes later she is crying away. So then I take her and lay her on my chest in bed and she is out, I guess I fell asleep during that so when I did wake I picked her up and put her in her crib, which she proceeded to wake up and start crying again. I realized she was probably hungry since it was 3:30 so I fed her and put her back down and she put herself to sleep, same thing at 7 this morning. I just don't understand why she has a problem with going to sleep in the beginning. I'm wondering if it's becuase she is used to noise all day, and light, because I can put her in her bed in the afternoon and she puts herself to sleep. Or is it because she sleeps a lot during the day and fights the sleep at night?? it's so wierd I know. Stephen just called me and it was 11am, and she is still asleep from when she went back to sleep at 8 this morning, it was nice to get some more sleep, she wears me out.
Oh and just when I think I'm going to try the sleeping on the stomach thing at night, she pukes all over the place during one of her naps yesterday. All over herself the bed everything, it was in puddles. So now I'm freaked out again. ha

Just hanging out

She was half smiling half crying


She loves watching the lights and listening to the music


Smile

And since I haven't posted a picture of one of my favorite families I'm going to do it now, Jason, Natalie and Jackson, Oh so cute!
Natalie, where are all the pictures we took when you guys were down? I have none on my computer, who took the ones outside and inside Fudruckers????

4 comments:

KriSTeN said...

awwwwwwwww man just wheni think i have seen the cutest pics of her i see more! i love it when you get to update. she is precious
i am so glad you got so much sleep that one night... i am sorry you are having trouble with her. i know it will all work out. you are doing a great job Michelle! wow i still cant believe my little sis is a mom! love you!

Jenny said...

OMG!! She is so stinkin' cute. That second pic looks like she's winking...she's so talented!!

Anonymous said...

I struggled a lot with trying to decide how to put my baby to bed, when to feed her, schedule vs. demand feeding, crying-it-out vs. swinging or holding her until asleep. Then one night my husband said something to me about just trusting my instincts. And I thought, "You know, you are right." I read the books, talked to the pediatrian, talked with my lactation consultant and then from all that info decided myself what works best for me and my baby. She is two months old today and doing great. Every baby is so different and has his/her own issues. And there are so many different theories out there.

All that to say, from what I have read - You are doing a great job! And trust your instincts!! Addyson will do great and get on a regular sleeping habit in her own time. :)

Melissa said...

So cute! And don't worry about all of the details! You are doing a great job, and you know your baby best.

On the sleep thing, here's a tip possibly...Since she is still young, and since her trouble is in the beginning, maybe she is waking up once she realizes you aren't holding her anymore??? Carson did this. What I did was swaddle him with his arms free before we started his last feeding or rocking, that way when I laid him down, he still was wrapped to where he would feel held. Does that make sense? I'm sorry the bedtime thing is giving you fits. I know that sleep is SO SO important to help you feel sane. I know it can totally effect how you feel and your emotions and everything. But don't worry about anything! You are doing a great job, and she will adjust eventually! :) I know that probably doesn't help any ;)