
Week 24: Breathe baby, breathe!
Fetal development in pregnancy week 24:fetus in sixth month This is another big week for your smaller-than-life magic growing baby! Just take a look at the checklist for this week: 1) ears—done; 2) fingernails—done; 3) (if you have a boy) testicles—taking their 3-4 day trip from the abdominal wall to the scrotum; and 4) lungs walls—secreting “surfactant”. What’s that? Well, surfactant is sort of what it sounds like: a surface-activated fat whose main purpose is to assist the air sacs (their little lungs) during inflation (as in: filling with air, not getting more expensive). Just in case you’re curious, your submerged baby is still breathing in amniotic fluid, preparing and rehearsing the lungs an oxygen-filled life outside the womb. By the end of this week, your child is around 2 lbs and 14 inches long—perhaps a little more plump, but isn't anywhere near their full baby-fatted cute-self. Most of the cutesy “filling out” is coming up in that long awaited (and slightly dreaded?) third trimester. Woo-hoo! Get ready!
Well I thought I would blog before I got anymore work done because well I just don't feel like working. There is no other excuse other than that. I'm waiting for the day when I can sleep in an extra hour instead of Stephen being all cozy while I have to get up at 5:45.....it just stinks.
Today I am 24 weeks along or 6 months if you go by weekly months...but my mom gets confused so i'm just going to say i'm 24 weeks, but it's nice to hit another milestone.
Today as I was driving to work Addyson kept kicking my bladder, yes I know it sounds funny but it's not really when you feel like you need to run to the bathroom but can't because you are DRIVING! I think she enjoys doing that just to see what her mommy will do. The guy that offices right outside the bathroom must think there is something wrong with me....it doesn't help that I drink ALOT of water throughout the day. Hey just bring me my computer and paperwork and I might as well office from the bathroom, it would make it easier then to have to get up every 20 minutes and run down there before I accidently explode.
Last night I was cranky, not sure why I just was, a lot of things start going through your head especially when you know you have less than 4 months left and then you have this huge responsibility to take care of, and all the money that goes with it. Let me tell you sometimes 9 months doesn't seem long enough and sometimes it seems like eternity.
Okay so today I wore a shirt I have never worn, I was blessed by a friend I know who let me borrow a lot of her pregnancy clothes, and so I don't think I will have to buy anything, unless it's shorts of course. So about this shirt, it makes me look really pregnant, now you have to understand I wore a t-shirt on Saturday and mom said I didn't look very pregnant and today I feel like a fat pig (okay okay i know i'm pregnant) anyways it's hard getting bigger....you look in the mirror one day and it's like WHOAAA where in the heck did THAT come from. I still would like to round out a little but I'm sure that time will come.....stupid surgery.
Okay enough complaining....it's a great day and it's hump day so that means only 2 more days until the weekend, which I can't WAIT for.
Addyson still kicks but it's not that much stronger than it usually is. Last night before bed she kicked me and my stomach moved but then I called Stephen over and she didn't kick anymore. I think she can pick up on her mommy's mood. I've been so tired lately. Is that normal? I'm only 24 weeks and I feel like a zombie sometimes. I go to bed a little after 9 and get up at 5:45 every morning....and I still feel like I need MORE sleep. Am I getting too much, or is it the getting up before sunrise every morning? What do I need to do to feel better????? I toss and turn a lot during the night so it's hard to feel like I get a good nights sleep. Sleep oh the wonderful world of sleep, so I think Addyson sleeps a lot too, or feels tired like me. I can't wait for her to get a little bigger and see her little foot hit my stomach.
I'm praying this week is a much better week for me, I need some energy. I need to not work all day. :) Sorry if I sound a little grumpy, it's been a long one.
In other news our camera that we ordered on the 21st has decided to not be shipped due to being on backorder. I'm really mad because they didn't email or call or anything, I had to call them and find out why it didn't ship. So I'm hoping that it will be here sometime next week, or else I'm calling and getting another one for the same price or else, don't mess with a pregnant woman and her camera.
Please pray for my mother-in-law she is going through a procedure today and she is really nervous about it. We are believing that everything will be okay, she just needs some peace in this time.
Okay it's time to get back to work, I hope you all have a marvelous hump day.
PS: Our baby is getting her fat!!! :)










2 comments:
hey girl. i am sorry you are so miserable. that stinks that you cant get sleep and yes no matter how much sleep you get if your alarm goes off BEFORE sunrise then yes you need more sleep. i am sorry... i hate those days that i get up when it's dark. it's not a good time of the day... dark is bad light is good... :)
well girl hang in there. and hey now you get to share your wealth with the baby! see ya later~
Hang in there...I know there are some REALLY rough days, and when your tired, your emotions can get all haywire... I've had a few of those days :) Congrats on hitting 24 weeks, and thankfully not all days are like these! :)
Post a Comment