Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

27 Weeks


Week 27: I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it!
Fetal development in pregnancy week 27: fetus in seventh month Your not-so-tiny-anymore swimmer (2 pounds and about 14.5 inches long!) is slowly rotating in preparation to “head out.” Obviously, this doesn’t happen overnight, but when you start to feel an unfamiliar pressure on your cervix, you’ll know you’ve got a fully flipped baby locked and loaded for the countdown to their birthday! Even now, at the beginning of the third trimester, their little lungs are already capable of breathing air, while the pulmonary vascular system can provide sufficient gas exchange, and the central nervous system can generally regulate rhythmic breathing as well as their basal body temperature. For what it’s worth, at this point in a healthy pregnancy a premature child (with intensive care) could easily win on the show: “Survivor: The Early Years.”


Okay so it's so crazy to think I only have 13 weeks left of being pregnant, give or take a couple days. This past week has been so busy and tiring but thinking about how much time I have left, it's just insane. Somedays I just wish she would just be here, and others I'm glad she is still cooking because I have so much to do. She is a very active lately, extremely active and loves to kick her mommy in the ribs. I have sore ribs and when I sit for a long period of time it just seems unbearable. My hip also gives me trouble especially trying to get comfortable, but it will all be over before we know it so I'm going to stop complaining.
I went to the Doctor last week and things seem to be fine, gained more weight then I wanted but I guess when you had lost 6 pounds it's okay to gain some extra. More for the baby I guess. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is what I say.
She said that my incision is doing something she was hoping it wouldn't do and that was get real thick and raised above the surface, which I hate but there is nothing I can do about it. She said that they could fix it if I had a C-Section BUT they can't go that high and the part that is really raised is by my belly button. Oh well no bikini's for me ever. I had that glucose test and I thought you couldn't go to the bathroom after you took it so I was literally dying by the time I got there, but then she said I could so I was very much relived. I haven't heard from them so I guess the policy is no news is good news. She said everything looked good so I'm not sure if they can get the results back that fast....I think the time that you spend most is the waiting time...bleh. I got my blood taken and the nurse was in a hurry because they don't calculate time right so she just stuck the needle in before my vain was ready and she almost had to take it out and do it again, but then the blood started coming out, I still have a bruise from last week, it hurt like crazy. Can I ask for a different lab person, I mean I am paying you to do a good job, or so I thought. Anyways I don't go back for another 4 weeks, well 3 weeks tomorrow so I have a little resting time. By then I will be 30 weeks, I can't believe that....CRAZY. I can't wait for my ultra sound at 32, I can't wait to see what she looks like now.
So the other night Stephen asked if the baby had been kicking much, and I said not much today, she has been a little quiet, so he gets down to my belly and starts talking to her.
"Hey Addyson, it's your daddy, kick mommy for daddy, come on baby girl kick mommy for daddy." So then she gave us a kick in the exact spot that Stephen was talking to. It was SUCH a touching moment. I would have to say she responds to his voice so much better then mine, can we say "daddy's girl?" It was sweet and Stephen was so proud of her at that time, she is going to be so special, I can't wait to see the bond between those two. Who knows if she is such a daddy's girl we may have to think about having another one soon after. LOL So I can get my turn.
Anyways between her kicks and movements it's been great, more real knowing that she is in there trying to get attention, ha.
Well 13 weeks left and I can feel the excitment just brewing!!!

Please pray for Stephen as he has an interview tomorrow morning, actually the whole process last from about 7:45am-12pm. I'll tell you more about it Thursday evening, but for now please keep him in your prayers, as this is an extremely important time for him.

One more thing, we are having work done on our water system here at work and there is no water and no toilets until atleast 10:30 today....maybe longer....they are bringing in Porta Cans....I don't use those things.....how can you do this to a pregnant woman?????????? Just wanted to throw that in.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Ahh...that's my little girl cooking. I can't wait to meet you Addyson! You are a survivor. You and mommy have been through a lot. I love you Michelle!! That was a touching moment when she kicked that evening and something I will always remember. Oh and we will have to wait atleast 2 years before the next one.....

Michelle said...

Okay honey whatever you say...;)

I love you and I'm sending you lots of love and prayers tonight and tomorrow.

Rach said...

Sounds like things are going well. I'm sorry about your scar, but it will fade in time. Daddy's girl sounds about right. So cute!! I can't wait to have a girl to see that sort of bond b/w Derek and her. Someday....glad all is well for you! Oh, and YUCK about the portacans!! That's just nasty!

Melissa said...

Wow...you have a lot going today! :) How sweet that Addyson responded like that! Don't you just love those moments! :) Oh, and you'll fall in love with your hubby all over again when you see how he bonds with your sweet girl. It's such an awesome thing to experience together.

You can absolutely ask for a different lab tech, and you should if they don't do a good job for you - especially if they have trouble sticking you.

I'll be praying for Stephen! Hope things go well!!

Did you break down and use the stinky portacans?

Melissa said...

Nope...we're not in the house yet...probably 2 more weeks still, but it's okay...

How did Stephen's interview go????