RYC...Nope, no epidural. :) At least for me, it has made such a better birth experience to go natural. It is VERY hard, to the point where towards the end you feel like you can't do it anymore, but that is one more sign that you are almost done. Also, my push times have been record short because I didn't have an epi. 3 pushes with Carson and 1 with Caden. The doc came back in to my room after everything had calmed down and been cleaned up and said it was really good that I hadn't done the epi because I was doing so much better than all of his other patients already. The endorphins your body creates naturally in labor make you feel so good when you are done. It is the most bizzarre thing ever. Plus, since you can feel how you are pushing, you don't tend to wear out as much as if you had to push for hours because of the epi. Take all of this as you will, but this has just been my experience. Having said all of that...to each her own. If you are in the middle of it, and decide you have changed your mind, that is totally okay. I think in the end, the most important thing is you feel good with how things went...does that make sense? I mean, everyone goes in with a plan, but in the moment, it's okay if that plan changes with the experience, you know?
Okay, I've written a book, but the short of it is I haven't had an epi either time, and have LOVED my experiences and will absolutely do it the same with our next one...in 2-3 years :)
2 comments:
Sorry about the blood draw... It stinks...
RYC...Nope, no epidural. :) At least for me, it has made such a better birth experience to go natural. It is VERY hard, to the point where towards the end you feel like you can't do it anymore, but that is one more sign that you are almost done. Also, my push times have been record short because I didn't have an epi. 3 pushes with Carson and 1 with Caden. The doc came back in to my room after everything had calmed down and been cleaned up and said it was really good that I hadn't done the epi because I was doing so much better than all of his other patients already. The endorphins your body creates naturally in labor make you feel so good when you are done. It is the most bizzarre thing ever. Plus, since you can feel how you are pushing, you don't tend to wear out as much as if you had to push for hours because of the epi. Take all of this as you will, but this has just been my experience. Having said all of that...to each her own. If you are in the middle of it, and decide you have changed your mind, that is totally okay. I think in the end, the most important thing is you feel good with how things went...does that make sense? I mean, everyone goes in with a plan, but in the moment, it's okay if that plan changes with the experience, you know?
Okay, I've written a book, but the short of it is I haven't had an epi either time, and have LOVED my experiences and will absolutely do it the same with our next one...in 2-3 years :)
So, what's new? How was the dr. apt?
Post a Comment