Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 20, 2007

Clumsy me

Okay so I have a quite interesting, yet humilating story to share with you all.
I think that during pregnancy we lose our sense of perception or maybe our sense of balance, or maybe our mind, you take your pick. I choose to pick all three. I think I'm losing everything and I feel like 6 weeks is a long time without all three of those.

Yesterday I'm killing a little time, talking to the guys in IT and as I'm leaving the tip of my shoe catches on the box in the corner of the door. I twisted and turned, and twisted and turned....thinking one second I was going down, the next second that I was fine. Well before I knew it I was headed down and nothing was going to stop me, so I grabbed the first thing that was in view which was a file cabinet and it lessened my impact on the ground so I fell on my left leg and got a rug burn on my knee. I looked down the hallway and there was a employee coming my way, and of course I jumped up as fast as my big old body could get me up and told him I was fine. The IT guys were worried and then I looked down the other end and this other employee saw me and kept telling me to sit down. I was so fine, I only hurt my knee and was extremely humiliated, especially when the safety lady came out of her office and everyone was wondering what all the comotion was about...yes i was more than ever humilated.....
Now the people that saw me tease me about needing help down the hallway and so on and so forth. Hey I may be almost 8 months pregnant but i'm not incapable of anything.....being pregnant sucks every bit of energy and balance and mind out of you. I can't even think of words sometimes......yes baby girl you need to come out on time so that mommy can go back to being her normal self.
Oh and the safety director went into the IT office and asked what happened and told them to remove the boxes.....yes all my fault, if I had just been watching where I was going but then again I can't see anything below my tummy.....so what do they expect. :)
I was going to share something else with you but for some reason it has escaped my mind.....oh yes there it is.
I have to brag a little bit about my husband, I know I know it's sappy but I'm sappy and all so here it goes.
Yesterday he came home and started cleaning up the kitchen, and then he started with dinner even though he didn't even know how to make it....he was just trying to help in any way possible. After dinner he drove me to Walgreens to get some makeup and a card. At 8pm he got up from watching TV and cleaned the bathroom, washed all the dinner dishes, took care of the garbage, and cat litter box, picked up stuff around the apartment, and did all this without even asking me to help. He then catered to anything I needed, getting me water and so forth. I love him so much for all that he is putting up with. He knows how uncomfortable I am and how my back and ribs are constantly hurting and he never asks me for anything, he does it himself. It's so sweet :)
I'm still trying to find a way to get him to continue doing this once the baby is born...;)
Anyways I'll post some pictures of the baby shower and my belly this weekend. I get it in my head that I'm going to come home and do so much but only end up falling on the couch exhausted. Oh and by the way, I went to the Dr. and only gained 1 pound :) Everything looks good.

No comments: