Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Night time Update

Wow, so I've been extremely busy this past week. My Grandpa came down from Indiana to visit his new great granddaughter. So we have been over there everyday that he has been in town. All my pictures are on my camera that I have but I left the cord to transfer them at my parents, I seem to leave everything important over there, it's a good thing I remembered to bring Addyson home with me.
Addyson actually slept through the night 2 times this week. I have gotten her spoiled to the point that she won't go to sleep in her bassinett and she won't go to sleep if she is not totally out from me rocking her. I know I know I'm new at this and I hate to hear her cry. One night this week we brought her home and left her in her car seat by our bed as to not wake her and be up all night. This was at 11:30, well she didn't wake up until 6:30am the next morning. I was so amazed and felt great. The second night I decided if she was so out the first night I might just try taking her out and putting her in her crib, this time she woke up screaming and wouldn't go to sleep until mommy fed and rocked her. I then fell asleep while doing this and we didn't wake up until 4am, then we had to start all over again. That was a fun night. Well I decided we really needed to break this cycle and get her to sleep in her crib so last night I fed her and changed her and put her in her crib at 11:30, she cried and cried and cried, but then she would stop and close her eyes and then cry and cry and then slowly it got to where she was crying less and staying quiet more. I fell asleep during this quiet spell and woke up at 1:30 and she was out. She didn't wake up until about 5am so I changed her, and fed her and then put her in her bed and she moved around a little and made her little grunting noises but then fell asleep until 9:15am. So maybe this will get a little better. I have learned it's okay for them to cry and I guess it's working, she is sleeping in her crib. yeah its only been one night but I feel like I've accomplished something wonderful, hopefully it will last tonight. I'm hoping and praying that by August when I go back to work she will be sleeping through the night.
She is so wonderful though, so alert and she has so many funny expressions, she smiles and makes noises and is extremely strong. She almost rolled over the other day. I know, she is growing up so fast. She will be 1 month on Saturday, seems I was just in labor having her. Her face is already changing a little, and she is fitting better in her car seat, you don't notice these things until you go back and look at pictures.
One night last week my sister came over and spent the night and took care of Addyson after I would feed her. It was nice to get some sleep, although I still had to wake up and feed her. But I really appriciate Kristen doing that for me, it was nice to get a little break. Hopefully she will be sleeping through the night every night pretty soon.
Okay well laundry and cleaning can't get done with me sitting here so I'm going to start all that. I will be posting pictures sometime soon. Have a great day

2 comments:

KriSTeN said...

awwww you are doing such a good job michelle. i am so glad she put herself to sleep in her bed. that's great!
i miss you guys already!
she is so adorable. send me as many pics as you can! love ya girl

Unknown said...

the first time hayden ever slept through the night was in her carseat by the bed too :) You do whatever you have to do to survive! Hang in there!! These sleepless nights will soon end!

Sadly for me, they are about to begin again :(