Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

la la la la

So I haven't blogged much except for an occasional picture here and there so I guess it's about time to let you all in on what's been going on around here.
The picture on the right has been my life saver today. I don't drink many of these anymore and I had this feeling that today was going to be a rough one. Notice how it still looks cold? Yep, it was just taken out of the fridge after I had been waiting for that perfect time to drink her.
Last week started the first week of watching a neighbors new born. He is 6 weeks as of yesterday and his name is Brycen. He is such a precious little boy but still so much different then my Addyson as a baby. While Addyson was content on sitting in her bouncer or laying on the couch beside me Brycen just wants to be held. These couple weeks will be an adjustment for all of us. For Brycen because he misses his mom, for Addyson because she has to share me and for me because it's now like having another child in the house. So today while Brycen finally takes his nap after being cranky all morning I'm sitting on the floor drinking my Dr. Pepper blogging. Yes, I could be starting dinner, doing laundry or hanging clothes up, you can call it inspiration or just plain laziness but I chose to blog.
I also watch a 5 year old in the mornings from 8-11 and then I put her on the bus, I guess you could say I'm just a little busy. One of my friends asked me when I get a break, time for myself. I told her "when I'm asleep" and yes I live for that time that I can drag my tired body into bed, watch my 1-2 episodes of Two and a half men and then fall peacefully asleep until my alarm wakes me up at 7am. Ah these are the days.
Yesterday we went out and bought these cute little stockings to hang. I love the colors red and green because it's the colors of Christmas. If you are asking "why does she have them hung so high?" I have an answer for you......I actually hung up our old stockings a couple weeks ago two shelves down and as soon as I turned my back the little princess pulled on one and she got whacked in the head by the snow man. I'm sure she might not do it again but I'm not willing to take that chance so they will stay up high until she is old enough to not be "curious". Stephen's is the first, Addyson is the middle and I'm the last. I think they are adorable. :) Oh and I bought those snowmen too, I need to change the last one to the first one because Stephen wants to be the one with the shovel, he says because he is working and that's what he does for us! he he


My Grandma bought this little Giraffe backpack for Addyson for Christmas and she just loves it. She is showing it off in this picture. Actually she is watching TV and I'm trying to get her to stand still. I'm sure she was excited to have an early present. (Actually since she was soo sick for so long we let her have one of her gifts from us, it was the little characters from Yo Gabba Gabba) She is sooo spoiled. The other day she was all excited for some reason so I came to check it out and she had a advertisement that ATT Uverse sent us about movies on demand. Well she was pointing to something and I looked and it was Kung Foo Panda. That evening we went for some things at Target and picked up that movie for her. Stephen says "what Addyson wants, Addyson gets". Of course we really won't stick by that rule because she might become horribly spoiled but for now we do what we can. She's too cute if I must say.
Stephen works a lot and he is actually getting transfered to a store closer to us starting Jan 1st. He is really excited and looking forward to the move. Hopefully it will make us some more money. He he Ok ok I like the fact that he will be closer. The extra money is just a plus. ha ha

This week is not helping my mood much.....it's too rainy for me.
I'm not much of a "feeling" teller but today I feel the need to share some things. No, I'm not asking for sympathy or even pity but just a sounding board. Heck you don't even have to comment, this is just one of those times I want to share, you should take it because again this is not really my personality.
The reason for the lack of blogging about our personal lives is not that there has been nothing going on it's just the fact that I've been depressed. Yep, I said it, depressed. To say the least this has been a tough year. Who would of thought that Michelle, the optimistic, positive one would be dragged down to this level??? It happens and you deal with it and you get over it eventually. Oh and I will get over it, I will live through this because I have a God that is much stronger then our struggles.
I lost a baby this year, a baby that would of been born next month. Wow, how crazy is that, the time just went by. I guess it's true what they say, when you aren't pregnant the time slips by you. In my case it did and it didn't. I would of had a room set up, ready to welcome that precious little one home on the day that he/she was to be born. But instead God welcomed him home to Him and He had a room all prepared. I'm sure that that room was probably so much more accommodating than the room we would of had for our child. Even still it hurts and I know that there is a little piece of my heart with my child that we lost. I know what you are saying as you read this, you might be judging me because I'm not being thankful for what I have, or your saying that "you will have other children". All that is true because there is not a day that goes by that I do not squeeze my precious Addyson and know how very thankful I am that God protected her in my womb and she is here to light up our life now. Oh I know that I should be able to go on and have more children but it doesn't erase the fact that we lost a precious child this year. Yes, it's been a tough one for me. BUT again I know it will get better and of course life goes on. So don't think that it changes the way I feel about my family because it doesn't, its just something that I have to get through and it does get just a tad easier every day.

Well I hope that everyone has an amazing week and that you don't freeze to death, it's even too cold for my regular flip flops. At least I don't have to get out much.

Until next time!!

3 comments:

KriSTeN said...

how funny... i have a feeling Dennis will be the same way with Elijah "what Elijah wants he gets" lol. well just for a while when he is little... i will have to make sure he keeps it at a minimum cuz like you said we dont want him tooo spoiled!
i love her little back pack! and i am sorry she got a boo boo on her head. i can see how you are very busy. that's got to be a crazy life! i bet it's hard not being able to just pick up addyson and run errands during the week. but the good thing is that you have sat and sun with just one child!

i hope you have a good rest of the week, and i am sorry it's been nasty out... i am glad you guys got snow!!! ours was just very little and didnt stick.

i pray that every day God gives you more strength than the day before... and i hope you can remember all the good things that this year has brought you despite the sadness. love you girl! hug addyson tight for me! see ya'll sunday.

Unknown said...

I can't imagine the sadness of losing a child. Having a child go through what my girls went through was so hard, but to have lost a child, I cannot imagine. You are doing an amazing job and its ok to hurt and be sad. Don't feel bad for that. It is good that you are leaning on your friends and family and above all GOD! He will renew your joy and your strength and this year will bring amazing things to you and your family.

I hope you find new energy while watching the extra children. That is so nice of you to do for those families! May you reap many blessings for your willingness. Its ok to feel lazy some days. Sometimes it those days that give us inspiration to keep going :) So kick back and relax. Take the day off! :)

oh and your stockings are so cute;)

jessica said...

there's not a lot you can say sometimes, but remember life is full of growth and growing hurts.sometimes it hurts physically and sometimes emotionally, but we all go through it at some point.One day you will look back and see what you became due to a circumstance(s) you endured. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under the heavens, your time now might be mourning but a new time will come.