This is probably going to get a lot of comments, hopefully we can all be civil in the our conduct. I'm going to play devils advocate for just a few minutes and I really want your imput and thoughts.
I've been watching "Sister Wives" this season and it has really made me curious about a few things. First, they had to move to another state due to an investigation on their lifestyle. (Now let me start by saying I don't agree with it in any way, I actually things it's absolutely insane the way they live). They said they could be split up and their dad could go to jail. I started thinking on how it's illigeal to marry more than one person. So if that is the case then Cody married Meri first and legally. He then "married" Jannelle, Christine and Robyn. Therefore his marriage with Jannelle, Christine and Robyn are not actually legal. I then thought that he really is only married to one person but is having an open affair with 3 other women claiming they are his wife. But in all reality it's not really a legal union...am I right on this? Therefore they are not really breaking any laws nor should they be split up. So I think IF their unions are all just "for themselves" and they are not breaking any laws then there should be no threat for imprisonment....maybe I'm seeing this all wrong but they all couldn't really be legally married.
Second, why in the world would 4 women be ok with sharing one man? How could you possibly not have thos jealousy feelings? Actually they sometimes do.
Third, How in the world was he able to afford to RENT 4 houses in Las Vegas for 4 wives?
It's so hard to wrap my head around why someone would want an "open" marriage.
Fourth, I hate how they bring God into everything....like He is BLESSING them for choosing this crazy lifestyle. They just make a certain religion look CRAZY.
Last, again I don't agree with the lifestyle but I also don't agree with the threat of impisonment IF they are really not all married and IF they really are they should be forced to get a divorce AND if they wanted to continue living as a family. Not jail...
This is one of those shows you have a hard time not watching!
Love my Life
13 years ago










2 comments:
Well the only thing I can think of is if u call someone your wife in a public manner for a certain number of years I think then the state or government considers you common law married, also if they were filing there taxes all together as married then they are considered married
Well I know if u call a woman your wife in public situations the state/government considers you common law married, and if they filed there taxes as married then they would be doing something wrong.
Post a Comment