Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 23, 2006

A dumb moment

I think I'll share a funny story with you all.
It's quite emberrassing but it makes me chuckle and thats all that matters.

Yesterday I had to go home after work and pack a bunch of stuff but I wanted to watch some shows that I had taped at the same time. Plus American Idol was coming on too!
So I turn on the TV and turn it to channel 3 and turn on the digital cable...all I got was blue static. So I started to freak out because I HAD to watch American Idol tonight...(I'm that addicted) So I call Stephen at work and he tries to help out over the phone,....but the cords look alright (well for what I saw but i don't know anything about tv's)
So I get off the phone and call Time Warner to see if they could help me out. The guy says that everything looks okay in our area and it's really odd that it's not working....he even said the internet was working and that was odd that one wasn't working and the other one was. So he tells me to take the cord out from the back of the cable box (of course i had no clue on which cord it was so he had to "instruct" me on that) So after I do that it still doesn't work....so he says "hm...I wonder why not" . While he was re programming it I decided that maybe i should check to make sure that the TV was indeed on channel 3.....yeah so it was channel 4 that it was on....as soon as I flipped it to 3 I go "Oh look its working now" .....Of course I didn't tell him that my dumb moment was the reason I had him racking his brain on to why our TV wasn't working, I just made him believe he fixed it.
They should have recordings at the beginning:

"If you are calling about your cable not working please make sure your TV is plugged in and turned on. Also make sure your channel is tuned to the right one. If this was the case please hang up and think next time before you call and waste our time"

6 comments:

texandawg said...

I want to know when you dyed your hair??

When you were 2?

Michelle said...

It was yesterday and only yesterday...

Jenny said...

Thanks for the prayers Michelle. Your dumb moment sounds just like something I would do. Don't feel bad. We must have a lot in common. Ha ha!!

Joni said...

lol that sounds like somthing i would do but i would never call customer service because you have to talk to a computer for forever before you actually talk to a living human! lol. i hate talking to computers! lol, that was very random

Nate said...

That's so funny! If it's any consolation, at least you figured it out. I work in a call center and before I got promoted all I did all day was take calls about computer problems. You are a genious compared to some of the people I had to talk to...'It says to press Ctrl-Atl-Del and and I don't see that button.'

Or the best one was where I was trying to explain to this lady she needed to press Ctrl-P to print. She didn't understand so I said very clearly 'P ...you know...P on the keyboard.' To which she responded..."Excuse me?!? You want me to do what on the keyboard?" I couldn't stop laughing...had to give the call to someone else.

KriSTeN said...

well since i cant get you on the phone HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY GUYS! love ya!