
Week 31: Another day... another ounce
Fetal development in pregnancy week 31: fetus in seventh month Your not-so-little-one is just a bit closer to their birth weight and height now—at around 4 lbs and 17 inches in length. With each added layer of baby fat their skin starts to look more and more like it will when they finally get to see the light of day. The heavy news: you can expect little miracle-gro to gain about a half a pound of weight gained per week from now until about two weeks before birth. Great. That's just what you needed. Even more weight to carry around!
Your baby's still-developing immune system has gained substantial strength over the past few weeks getting them in full gear to face our disease-ridden world o’ wonders. Obviously, a large majority of your child’s immune strength will be derived from exposure to breast milk as well as the outside elements. Their cute little noggin’ (which could already be covered with luscious locks or just purty peach fuzz), is still soft because the skull bones have not yet fused together. As much as that sounds a little too vulnerable, their “skull softness” allows for a much smoother passage through the birth canal during labor—something both you and your little swimmer will appreciate when it’s finally time to “go!” Also, some babies will have that “soft spot” on their head for up to one year after birth.
Fetal development in pregnancy week 31: fetus in seventh month Your not-so-little-one is just a bit closer to their birth weight and height now—at around 4 lbs and 17 inches in length. With each added layer of baby fat their skin starts to look more and more like it will when they finally get to see the light of day. The heavy news: you can expect little miracle-gro to gain about a half a pound of weight gained per week from now until about two weeks before birth. Great. That's just what you needed. Even more weight to carry around!
Your baby's still-developing immune system has gained substantial strength over the past few weeks getting them in full gear to face our disease-ridden world o’ wonders. Obviously, a large majority of your child’s immune strength will be derived from exposure to breast milk as well as the outside elements. Their cute little noggin’ (which could already be covered with luscious locks or just purty peach fuzz), is still soft because the skull bones have not yet fused together. As much as that sounds a little too vulnerable, their “skull softness” allows for a much smoother passage through the birth canal during labor—something both you and your little swimmer will appreciate when it’s finally time to “go!” Also, some babies will have that “soft spot” on their head for up to one year after birth.
It's probably about time that I blogged again. Tomorrow I will officially have only 2 months left to go. I can't believe I'm already 7 months pregnant. Sometimes time seem to fly and other times it seems to pass very slowly. The only part that gets me through this is knowing that I get to hold and smell and snuggle against my pretty little Addyson very soon. Right now she is kicking and moving and stretching and I LOVE that part. Yeah my ribs are tender and my back hurts, but feeling all these movements and seeing my belly move is one of the greatest things about being pregnant. Its so strange sometimes but others it's like a normal every day process. I'm going to miss having her with me 24 hours a day, as a part of me. But having her on the outside for us to mold and teach and love is going to be the greatest experience I have ever been through. I know technically I'm not a "mom" yet but I feel it. I feel it in the way I protect her with what I drink and what medicine I take. I protect her in the way of going to the Dr every couple weeks to make sure things are going fine. I protect her in making sure I don't do anything that might risk something harmful to her. In that sense I already feel like her momma. Some people think it's a fetus until birth BUT I know that's not true. I know that I have a little girl inside of me growing until she is ready to come out. I love her more than words can say. I see Stephen and how he acts right now, how he talks to her and loves her and how excited he is to meet her and it is just one of the happiest feelings i've ever had. We are going to be parents, God has given us this responsibility and I pray that I do it with the best that I can. She is our baby girl and we will protect her in every sense of that word.
My sweet baby daughter I can't wait to meet you and hold you and love you.
Here are my 31 week pictures Only 2 months to go!!! I thought I would be a little different, look how I have bloomed












3 comments:
I can't wait to see my little girl! Thank you Michelle for carring her and dealing with all the pregnancy stuff. Hang in there...it's almost over and we have little Addyson to deal with. Love you sweetheart!
awww but you are a momma now! no matter what! you look so cute...and i cant wait to hold her too... she is so precious already!
You are definitely already a mom...being pregnant prepares you for protecting your child once they are out of you. It is a special bond that only a mother can understand.
You look great!! Hang in there...you are so close :)
Post a Comment