
Week 38: Stuck in a holding pattern
Fetal development in pregnancy week 38: fetus in ninth month As you know full well, you've arrived at the final leg of the journey, and if you're still carrying your little love around, they've just about reached their birth weight (somewhere between 6 to 8 pounds is average depending on whether they're a boy or girl). There really isn't a lot to report on baby this week, so lets do a quick recount of where we're at: all internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, they've got their meconium stockpile building up (their first black baby poo), lots of healthy baby fat, a rapidly developing brain (that'll keep growing with them for years to come), and they've more or less reached official baby status-- all they need to do is "head out" and say hello to the rest of the world and especially their ready-to-pop momma.
Fetal development in pregnancy week 38: fetus in ninth month As you know full well, you've arrived at the final leg of the journey, and if you're still carrying your little love around, they've just about reached their birth weight (somewhere between 6 to 8 pounds is average depending on whether they're a boy or girl). There really isn't a lot to report on baby this week, so lets do a quick recount of where we're at: all internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, they've got their meconium stockpile building up (their first black baby poo), lots of healthy baby fat, a rapidly developing brain (that'll keep growing with them for years to come), and they've more or less reached official baby status-- all they need to do is "head out" and say hello to the rest of the world and especially their ready-to-pop momma.
Boy am I ready to have this baby. With all the aches and pains of the last couple week, yikes it's been not so much fun. The feet aren't as bad this week but I get small cramps and tons of B/H. I'm constantly running to the bathroom and can't get more then 2 hours of sleep before I have to get up and go again. Not to mention I'm exhausted and just ready to see this little girl. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get checked so I'll let you know what the verdict is there.
I just can't believe it's so close, it seemed like it would never get here (actually it still seems that way) but you know what I mean. In 2 weeks we could have our little baby in our arms (give or take a couple days) I'm hoping to hang out for at least until the 28th a Memorial Day baby!! That would be pretty sweet. But I'm sure she will come when she is good and ready. Even ifthat means tomorrow or June 1st. I told a good friend of mine that I wanted a May baby and she asked me "what is the difference between say a "may" baby and a "june" baby"? and my response....."One day". LOL I guess there really isn't a difference but hey for all you mothers out there a day seems like eternity especially when you are so close. I do have a couple graduations to go to the weekened of the 26th, so hopefully I can last until then, I really want to go to them. So Monday is good with me. Ha
Okay so you will hear something as soon as I hear something or I will post pictures of the wee one if she surprises us all. If you think about it keep me in your prayers, I'm getting to that nervous stage!!! I'm going to be a MOM!!!
Have a great day.










5 comments:
You sound great! Your mood sounds great...very normal for 38 weeks!! You are definitely in our prayers...I know the nervous feeling. Hang in there...enjoy these last two weeks of "alone time"...cause you won't get them back! WE are very excited for you!!
You're so close!! And yes, you sound great. God knew that if he didn't make some of the pregnancy uncomfortable, you wouldn't be able to endure labor. But when it gets that time you want nothing more than to get that kid out no matter what it takes or if it hurts :)
Hang in there girl!! B&H are good because they help you start dialating and effacing! So maybe you will have made some progress. REST REST REST!! You won't get any as soon as that girly makes her appearance and yes, enjoy the alone time....you will never have it again. :)
Awww! you're going to be a GREAT mom! :) Pamper yourself over the next few days/weeks! Get a pedicure and a prenatal massage, go to movies, and dinner with Stephen, just have fun, fun, fun, and it will help the time pass faster, plus you'll have great memories from it! :)
I am so excited for you and Stephen! yall are going to be the best parents ever! i am praying that it happens very soon. i cant wait to get to call in and head down there to see baby Addyson! i am praying for you and i know you will do great... love you girl!
I'm so happy for both of you. I don't have any tips for you though. One day when I have a baby you'll have some for me. :) Can't wait to see tons of pics of your little girl. I check your blog every day to see if you've got some news. We're all here just waiting with you.
Post a Comment