Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A funny story

I forgot about a quite amusing story that happened at the hospital when I had Addyson. Of course there were a couple stories BUT I'm only going to share this one for now. A couple hours after I had Addyson the nurse came in and said "I'm not sure how you want to handle this but you have tested positive for Hepatitis B (sp?) and your baby will need an extra shot. I asked her how I could of tested positive for something like that when I have given tons of blood and she said you could of picked it up in an infection. I think she was whispering because she didn't want anyone hearing, I guess you could get it other ways. Anyways so I'm sitting there holding my baby wondering if I have infected her along with infecting Stephen and so on and so forth. I also was curious on how I could of gotten it when I didn't have it when I first got pregnant. I thought maybe it could of been the surgery back in January but then thought why it wasn't caught when I have given blood after that. Well then later that evening I was told that my blood type was O- and I would need that rogan (sp?) shot. I was just a tad confused becuase I know I am O+ and even my mom said that I was O+. Anyways, so we are a little nervous about it all and questioning all this. I had my blood taken again on Thursday morning to confirm what type I really was. Well on Thursday my doctor came in and asked me how everything was and I explained what I had been told and she was a little upset that they didn't tell her any of this. So she said she would get to the bottom of it. Well she comes back a few minutes later and tells me that when they filled out the form they got their negative and positve signs mixed up, so instead of putting on there I tested - hepatitis and O+ they put +hepatitis and O-. Talk about mix up, I mean don't you think they should of consulted the doctor before they told me that I had this disease??? I was so worried about Stephen and the baby and it really scared me. But now I can look back and laugh about it. It's a good thing they figured their "little" mistake out. yeah so that was something I just remembered, it's funny how much you forget when you have a baby. Here is one picture I just took of my sleeping baby.


5 comments:

Jenny said...

I would have been freaking out. Glad it's all straightened out. Little Addyson looks like a big girl in that picture. She's already growing so fast.

KriSTeN said...

ha remember what i asked mom? "is that like aids?" hahaah. i said it quietly too cuz i didnt know what was going on... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... but i am glad it was all straightened out... she is precious. i love how she sleeps. love ya girl. hey and stay away from those needles. gosh... i mean you can catch stuff that way.

Rach said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I would have been freaking out!!!!!!!!! I'm glad they cleared it up, but geez!!!!!! What a scare!!!!! Love the sleeping picture...so sweet and cute!!

Melissa said...

That is NOT funny! I would have been so freaking out! You handled this much more diplomatically than I would have! That's kind of an important thing to get mixed up. I mean, aside from the disease factor, what if something had gone wrong in delivery and you had needed a blood transfusion. Good grief! They would have SO gotten a piece of my mind! Glad it turned out okay before they gave you and Addyson unneeded shots!

That picture is so sweet! I bet you find it hard to tear yourself away from her. I could watch my sweet babies sleep all day if I let myself ;)

Unknown said...

wow...i would have freaked out too. I have to get the rogam shots because I am o- but the scary thing is you have to have one halfway during your pregnancy so that would have been a huge deal to get wrong!

Glad you got everything straightened out!

She is precious!! and that blankie looks so cuddley :)