So it's been a couple days since I've updated you all. I am sorry I don't have any pictures, I left my camera at my parents house on Thursday. I'm going to get it on Wednesday when I go for my Dr. Apt. But yeah I'm sad that I haven't been able to capture any cute moments from sweet Addyson.
She is doing good we are getting the hang of the eating and she seems to want to eat every moment of being awake and then she will fall back to sleep. Of course that's just during the day, during the night she likes to stay up longer. Figures she would have her nights and days mixed up. When she does eat she sounds like she is starving to death the way she sucks. It's so funny. She smiles a lot, I know people say it's gas but I don't believe it at all, I will stroke her cheek or her head and she will give me this big smile. It's so cute. Before you can snap the picture though she makes her mouth back in that O. She does sound like she snores sometimes when she is sleeping, I'm going to ask the Dr, if she is just congested or something, I hope not. The last couple nights have been rough though, last night she just screamed and screamed and screamed. She would act like she was hungry and I would feed her and she would act like she was starving, then she would be done and not 30 minutes later she would be screaming and want more. I think she was awake from 7pm-1:30am, and most of that was just crying. I didn't know what to do and I didn't know why she was crying, it broke my heart. I finally got her to sleep and when I laid her down she actually stayed a sleep until about 2:45, and then again at 5:30 and then 9. She has been sleeping most the day now, probably because she wore herself out last night. My poor little girl. I hope its not colic and I hope her little tummy wasn't hurting. She seems to be doing good today, and smiling away.
Stephen went back to work today and I'm lost without him, he helped me so much. I haven't even taken a shower today, I guess thats the normal sometimes. She is asleep on the couch and I don't want to leave her.....so I guess we wait until she wakes up again.
Oh and this little stinker is extremely strong. I was burping her the other day and she lifted her head AND when you lay her on her back she rolls to her side, so I have a feeling she will be rolling over pretty fast, it's like she is trying to push herself over, it's wierd. she is precious.
We went to visit my parents (Grammy and Grandy) on Thursday evening and Stephens parents (Nana and Poppa) on Saturday afternoon. She basically slept the whole time but they enjoyed holding her. She is going to be spoiled. Yesterday Stephen and I went grocery shopping with her, she was good, of course she slept but it was nice getting out. Before that some friends had come into town and they came over to see her, later we went for ice cream and bad mommy left her Pacifier at home and she decided it was time to wake up and cry, so that was fun. Things you must never forget.
She likes to poop right as we are changing her diaper so we not only mess up a new diaper but we have poop on clothes and on the changing table. This morning she peed as I was changing her diaper. Such fun! Ha
Okay well I hope you enjoyed this little update, and as soon as my camera gets picked up I will post more wonderful cute pictures. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Congrats to friends Lindsay and BJ on finding out they are expecting twins!!!! You guys are great parents and I know that this surprise is just another great adventure for you guys. I'll be praying for you.
Love my Life
13 years ago










3 comments:
Sounds like things are going great. I remember their would be times Hudson would cry and cry and I couldn't calm him down and I kept trying to nurse him. I remember my MIL telling me that he didn't need to nurse and not to resort to that at every cry unless it was time for a feeding. She could have gas, need a scene change, be overwhelmed...a number of things. Hudson had bad gas...I had to be super careful about what to eat...and I always kept some Mylicon handy! Hope she does better! Oh, and just be glad her pee doesn't shoot straight in the air at you! :) That's lots of fun! Sounds like things are coming along great...and don't worry about Stephen going to work...you can do it. I remember panicking when Derek's Mom left and Derek went back (after only a couple days off). There have been many days that I went showerless till night time or not even one all day...you'll get the hang of things and get a routine going and you'll be just fine! I hope I don't sound like I am preaching or telling you what to do...just thought I'd try to help if I could! Can't wait for more pics!
awwww... thats such a different experience than what we were used to growing up huh Michelle? I mean we did have to take care of screaming babies but it was different we got to hand them off to mom.... i cant wait to see her again. cant believe she is picking her head up and already trying to roll over... crazy... well i miss you guys. love you girl...
what a sweetie! i totally understand having a hard night. tristan was really fussy for the first couple of months. he slept great at night, but there were really hard spells during the day. he ended up with reflux, but with meds and a few weeks, he was healed, thankfully! anyway, hang in there! it gets better with every week. it could be gas and not hunger. you never know! if she is colicky, don't be hard on yourself, it goes away!
Post a Comment